Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Once Upon A Time II


I am still on my challenge crazy quest.... I am joining the Once Upon A Time II hosted by Carl. I am not normally a big fantasy reader, but I LOVED Harry Potter. I saw Stephanie's list at The Written Word and looked that the synopsis at B&N and decided that this sounds like a fun challenge. I think I loved her list because the books were pictured...I have an obsession with buying books.


I picked several that were on Stephanie's list. They are mostly Young Adult so hopefully I will get through them fast and they won't affect my other challenges. :) I also want to finish the Thursday Next Series, which I started last year, so this is a great opportunity for that! This challenge lasts until June 20.


I am going to do Quest One: Read five books from any category or combination of category.



2. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

3. Stolen Child by Keith Donohue

4. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

5. Something Rotten: A Thursday Next Novel

6. Thursday Next: First Among Sequels

7. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (I have this on request at the library, but I am #9 so I am not sure it will come in before the challenge is over)

This one might interfere with the Spring Thing Challenge, but I am trying to increase the number of books I am reading so we'll see in June how I did!! :) Several of these are YA so I think I might be OK. Also my real goal with Spring Thing was to read one book a week...I will be happy if I complete this regardless of what the books are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny that we are sharing the first four on our list! All sound so wonderful, don't they? I think I'm going to read The Goose Girl next.